Monday, April 8, 2013

Who are you....really?

I was asked by a couple of people who read our blog to clarify who I am....sounds silly right, but its not.
People have asked me," you're a clown but are you really a dentist?" and "you're a dentist but are you really a clown?" So who is Bruce Lish, DDS? and who is Dr. Molar Magic
Well here's the story....
I've been a magician and clown since age 14, I'm now 43 (hey...that's not that old) and I've always wanted to follow in my father's path and become a dentist. So I was admitted to the New York University 7 year combined BA-DDS degree program. I graduated from New York University with a BA in biology and DDS degree.(that's Doctor of Dental Surgery)
I spent 2 years training at Brookdale Hospital in Brooklyn, NY learning advanced oral surgery and implant dentistry to compliment my general dental skills. Throughout all of this I never stopped being a perfroming magician and clown. In fact Brookdale Hospital is where we do our clown rounds and our good dog foundation visits, among other projects, and I'm on the Dental Department Faculty and use their operating rooms for general anesthesia cases.
During the 3rd year of Dental school we were required to go to local elementary schools to do dental screenings as part of the pediatric dentistry training. It was then that I created the character of Dr. Molar Magic combining my career and love for oral health care with my passion for magic and clowning.
I've always combined the two to provide excellent care and educational performances for my patients and many organizations.
One of my performance experiences led me to the developmentally disabled populations and this later led to my involvement by providing dental care for these very special patients is all areas of dental need.
The Dr. Molar Magic Foundation was formed in 2005 and in 2009 we came up with Circus Bicuspid.
I'm proud to say I've won a number of awards for both dentistry and performance and through the years. I have enjoyed the "best of both worlds" by combining them whenever I can. My family and I live to perform for charitable causes. If you read the pages of this blog you will see the great work we've been privileged to do...hopefully making the world a bit better for it. 

So that's the deal.....you can be both! So call me Bruce Lish, DDS, or Bruce J.Lish, DDS, or Dr. Molar Magic or Boss Clown of Circus Bicuspid, it ALL good to me....
www.brucelishdds.com and www.drmolarmagic.com
Keep 'em clean


No comments:

Post a Comment