Friday, February 26, 2010

Clowning between cases

Treating patients in the operating room can be serious work but between cases, when the room is being turned over it a good time for fun.....sometimes it take a LONG time to turn over the rooms.
Yesterday was no exception. I took it upon myself to start a running gag in the morning and see how long I could keep it going throughout the day.
I "tripped" in front of the main office just outside their window in the hallway. Then looked back to see what I tripped on, shrugged my shoulders and walked on. Every time I walked past that window, and there were people in the office, I "tripped" (Thank you Slap Stick DOJO for teaching me this!). The first time I did it, a nurse came out and looked at the ground to see what I tripped over. The second time nothing happended, but the third time she came out again and looked around with more effort. After the fourth time, I came back around the hall and saw they had called a housekeeper who was mopping the floor where I tripped because there must be something there! I asked what was up and he said that people keep tripping here so they are cleaning the floor!.....my job was done for the day.....

No comments:

Post a Comment