Saturday, November 7, 2015

Restaurant Magic Show a Hit

Last night I performed magic as part of a dinner show at Sergio's Italian Restaurant in Massepequa NY. I've worked this venue before and it was just as much fun this time. Its an intimate room that seats about 60 people who come for a fixed menu Italian dinner and show.
I  was hired by my friend High Powered Howard, an award winning stand up comedian.
So as part of a five act magic show I went on second and did my thing.
Because its a small venue I performed my busker act. I do a traditional street magic act with card tricks, cut and restored rope and the finale, the cups and balls.  This act has been honed over many years and the gags and magic are always a hit.
After the show we had a few requests for photos and the mandatory selfie.
While on the subject of street magic I recently had an incredible trip to LAS VEGAS!
I went to study with Jeff McBride and Mario Morris at the McBride Magic and Mystery School focus on street magic. Mario comes in from Whales UK to teach this course with Jeff. We spent the weekend at the Mystery School and on Friday and Saturday nights we went out to busk on the Las Vegas strip. I performed my street act  in front of Ceaser's Palace....to an excited audience response!
Overall it was a whirlwind, exhausting, educational, weekend and I'm a better performer for it....
Thanks Mario and Jeff and everyone at the Magic & Mystery School, check out their programs
www.magicalwisdom.com



No comments:

Post a Comment